I have started the last unit of viking warriors in order to finish the first phase of this project. Finishing this project is really satisfying for me. For the past several months I have finished several 'first phase' projects I have embarked on, namely the Algoryn, the Sylvan army and this viking force. It has been my most satisfying hobby period in a long time.
After choosing the first four miniatures, I cleaned them and attached them to the painting bases.
The next step is to prime them. I decided to go with a neutral grey. Just like with the berserkers, after priming several defects popped out. So I had to clean them again and re-prime the models.
When painting vikings, I find that blocking out the colours first helps me visualize the look I am going for. When I am happy with how they look I will give washes on the furs and hair and drybrush them.
Next week I hope to present the first painted miniatures. Until then farewell and good health!