Sunday, July 10, 2016

Kings Of War: Converting my Dryads Part 5 - Finished

Hi everyone,

So I have finally finished my Dryad/Hunters of the Wild unit.  Now all I needed to do was base it.

At this point I was still not happy with it.  The unit still seemed a bit empty, so I decided to add some forest sprites to it.





The Wood Elf plastic boxes from Games Workshop are full of little sprites and spirits!  I took a selection and started painting them up.

I divided the sprite into three groups and painted each group in a different colour theme.  The butterfly-like sprites I did up in a light green and purple.

The worm like sprites were done up in a light greenish-blue.  This gave them a very ethereal feel.


The last sprites I painted up in red hues to give some colour and contrast to all the green on the base.

I glued all these sprites to the multi-base and added tufts and the forest-in-a-pot mix I used for my other elven units - and viola!,  another finished unit for my long neglected and overdue Sylvan army.



The following pictures are a few close-ups of the sprites.  I really like the way they blend into the unite and fill it out. I will be using them again for sure.
 






Well that concludes the dryads - next up are my horde of Elven Spears and Tree Shamblers.  Until then farewell and good health.





  NR

2 comments:

  1. I love the little sprites and spirits. Never knew they even existed. Adds so much flavor to the base!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thanks for commenting first and foremost. I knew about them but never bothered to use them. The lively results have made me an advocate of them in nature themed armies.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
/* Sidebar Content */ #'BlogList1'{ height:200px; overflow:auto; } .sidebar .widget{ height:250px; overflow:auto; } .sidebar .widget{ height:200px; overflow:auto; }