Well, as my Algoryn project nears completion, I thought I might write up a post on how I based them.
I waited until all my army as painted before I started basing them. I did this intentionally because I wanted a homogeneous look to them.
I started by selecting the materials. These were a fine sand and a fine gravel product I bought from a gardening shop. I mixed these together in a 3 parts sand to 1 part fine gravel and added some small stones.
I dry-brushed these bases with two tones; a light beige and then an off-white. This can vary according to taste and colour. After your models are all dry-brushed it is time to add the grass/tufts/flock or whatever else you come up with.
I used some old GW tufts I had laying around. I diversified them a bit by giving them different brown washes then glued them into place with white glue.
Once again I come to the end of another blog post for the week. Next week I will continue to talk about the Algoryn, so tune in if your interested.
In the meantime, farewell and good health.