Friday, November 7, 2014

Conan the Barbarian : Part 2

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, I am still in the grip of massive overtime at work - with one colleague sick and another currently caught on leave.  So I am struggling to keep a lid on things; scrounging a little time for everything, including eating and sleeping!

Well I did have half a day off, and I spent several hours of it painting up the Conan model I started/restarted last week.  I finished off the basic coats and have now started to add highlights and shadows to it. 

The helmet I have not worked on yet, but when I have finished with the first round of highlights and shadows, and test fit the model to the base; I usually then go around a second time deepening or brightening up the shadows and highlights respectively according to the need.


As for the base, I have finished up the stakes and painted up the bronze shield and standard.  I have to admit I enjoyed doing these more than the model!  The next step with the base is the flora and ground work which I will add when the Conan model is finally ready.


Well, once again that's all for now.  I will try and finish the model by next week.  after that I will start the Wolverine model.  I took a look at it and I have to say it is one badly cast piece.  I think it is going to take a lot of work to get it up to standard, but that is for another post.

Until next time, farewell and good health from Nightrunner!





    NR

2 comments:

  1. Man that base looks really great! Model is coming along nicely as well! Have you thought about putting any subtle weathering on the bronze on the shield?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Greg. I have already put some verdigris which is not very visible in pic. I will add more now at the basing stage depending on how I base it.

      And as always thank you for commenting.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
/* Sidebar Content */ #'BlogList1'{ height:200px; overflow:auto; } .sidebar .widget{ height:250px; overflow:auto; } .sidebar .widget{ height:200px; overflow:auto; }