For the past two weeks now I have been extremely busy with work. A colleague of mine fell sick and I have ended up working over 20 hours worth of overtime per week. This has left me knackered and way too tired to do much. In fact, on my free days I spend most of the time reading or watching a DVD. Unfortunately, inertia has claimed me for the time being.
Nonetheless, I have managed to scrounge up some energy and I have started my next project, which is the 54mm Conan the Barbarian model from Andrea Miniatures. This is the first of four single miniatures I have to paint up to fulfill my New Year's resolution. The others being a 70mm Wolverine figure from Eaglemoss Publications, and a Viking and Celtic warrior from Pegasus Models.
So let's begin. As I stated a few posts back, I managed to do the face of the model a couple of years back. I always start with the face. If it does not turn out right, then I start again. In this case it came out OK. My intention here is to get back into the rhythm and complete the model. I am not interested in painting a masterpiece, just something that looks good in my showcase. Below is the miniature in the state I left it in.
The solution in my opinion is to paint up the armour in metallics. This will add a central brightness to the model and hopefully add some realism while I am at it. Alas, my energy was completely drained with this mighty effort and I decided to put it aside.
The next day I did not feel like continuing with the model, so I decided to tackle the base. The good thing with painting the base is that one does not have to be over-careful or precise. This allows for some easy going, and that is what I needed in my current wasted condition!
The picture below shows the components of the base. It comprises a scene from the first Conan movie, after the heroes escape from the Serpent Temple, towards the end.