Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Swiftclaw Attack Bike - Part 1

Hi everyone,

About 4 or 5 years ago I started my Swiftclaw Biker pack - which I proudly call the Trophy Hunters. It was supposed to consist of 6 bikers, 1 character and an attack bike.  Well I had started to build the attack bike, but stopped short and started something else.  Heard this story before?  Well it is a main theme in my life till this year when I decided to put a stop to it.

With the release of Codex Space Wolves, I can now get back to finishing what was started and hopefully build up the basic force at my disposal.  So the next logical step after Jotunta & Foral, is the attack bike.  The pictures below show where I had left off.


The scope of this model, besides being the heavy fire-power of the pack, is that of a pack mule!  I wanted this model to be the one that hangs back in support and carries everything else the pack needs.  So I decided to adorn it with a lot of bags, satchels ropes etc, etc.  But being a part of the Swiftclaw Trophy Hunters, it needed some kind of trophy to display.

The problem here is obviously space, and despite what one might think there is not a lot of it on this model.  After an hour or two of trail and error, fitting and replacing, I managed to find all the parts I needed.  The trophy is the chest plate of an old Tyranid Warrior.  Maybe some of the old timers who read this blog might recognize the plastic colour of the Tyranid Warriors back then.


The chest plate needed a little fitting, in order to place the heavy weapon convincingly, so I had to cut out part of the front base.  I then proceeded to tie it in with some wire to give it the feel of something 'put there'.

Well that is all for this week.  Next week I will talk about the detailing at which point I will have finished the modeling of the pack.  Then it is on to the dreadnought, as per plan.  When all the modelling is finished, I can then start to continue painting the army at long last.

Well stay tuned till next week when I continue to build up the attack bike,  until then farewell and good health,

        NR

2 comments:

  1. Liking it so far. The bone torso looks great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting and I am glad you like it Nafnaf. Check in next week. The modeling and detailing should be finished by then.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
/* Sidebar Content */ #'BlogList1'{ height:200px; overflow:auto; } .sidebar .widget{ height:250px; overflow:auto; } .sidebar .widget{ height:200px; overflow:auto; }