Maybe you remember this little vignette on the shelf of shame in my man cave. Well I listed this down as one of my New Year resolutions and here I am making good on that claim.
So I have been doing a lot of work on this project, but for this post I will focus on the base since I have finished painting it up. I apologize for the lack of progress pics, but the high season at work has started and my time dedicated to my hobby has been further reduced.
Well, I have to admit that painting the base was even more complicated and complex than the miniatures. I found a lot of difficulty with the marble on the floor panels and walls, but in the end I think I got a good result.
On the bright side, raising the floor allowed more of the work under the floor tiles to be seen - and that is definitely a plus, since I put a lot of work into that section.
The blood on the floor had to be rearranged a bit as I calculated the position of the Lamenter wrongly - yep more planning!, but with the finished product you will see that it does not really effect the overall composition.
The energy effects on the energy bars have not been done in these pictures except for the green painting. This is because I wanted plasma streaks to jump off the bars and onto the banner of the Lamenter. You will be seeing this in a later blog post.
Until then farewell and good health,