Well after the disappointment of the last post I am back with the ill-fated Aristotle Battleship. I had a day off this week and I dedicated it to Dystopian Wars' models. Among the models I worked on was this one.
I have to say I was sorely tempted to throw it into the dip, strip it and start all over again - but the thing is, this model is a gaming piece. Not only that, it is not even a type of model I keep on display, unlike my Space Wolves which are gaming pieces but which I still keep in my showcase.
This is the type of model I keep stored and take out only when gaming. So I decided to look at the frosting in a different light. Instead of throwing in the towel, I decided to look at it as an extra coat of paint - a filter as they say in the military modeling side of things.
When this was finished, I proceeded to add the last details like the energy effects along the piping, the turrets, and the particle cannon. As well as the red of the funnels. I did not have enough time to take pictures of the finished product, but I will do so tomorrow or the day after.
Overall it did not come out all that bad, even if it was not exactly how it should have been. Nonetheless, I am happy I did not have to strip it bare and start from scratch.
Well, as usual, that is all for tonight, until I post again, farewell and good health,