Today I present my completed (finally!) WW2 Tiger platoon from the Plastic Soldier Company box set. These were part of my pledge to start finishing up all the open projects on my workbench. I am glad to say they that I am getting there slowing but steadily.
Before I continue, I just want to inform anyone who follows this blog that for the months of November, December and January, I will be posting only twice a month. The reason behind this decision is that I have entered the Hobbylink Japan online modeling completion, and my entry is taking up a lot of precious and limited time that I keep for modeling. To make matters worse I cannot post anything about this project on my blog until after the results are announced in January. Needless to say, this restrains the amount of material I have at my disposal - so a bit of economy is necessary.
That said, it's back to the Tigers.
Well, after putting the whole thing together I started painting them up. The first airbrushed coat was a black undercoat from Vallejo.
The next step is the camo patterns. I decided to go with just two colours with the Tigers. So I went with red brown strips. I found this pattern online and I thought it was good looking and doable with my current skill level with an airbrush.