Wednesday, April 17, 2013
Dystopian Wars:- Daedalus Part 5
The Daedalus project is nearly finished now. All I have to do is paint up the turrets and magnetise them. I used my mini-drill to drill holes in all the turrets first and gave them a good wash in warm water to clean up the surface.
I painted them all up by hand and brush, but naturally using the same base colours I used with the body when airbrushing. I kept the camouflage patterns as simple as posible by applying simple and basic shapes like lines, squares and trianges.
When everything was dry I added the 2mm rare earth magnets. This can be a bit tricky if you have not done this before. One has to be careful when placing north and south poles. Otherwise they pose no problem. First though I added some putty (greenstuff in this case), and then levelled the earth magnet it it.
Well this basically finishes this project, but I will be posting some pics of the finished models in about two weeks time. Next week I will be posting the first part of a two part tutorial on request. Until then, as always;
Farewell and good health,