Monday, March 4, 2013

More Bloodclaws and Grey Hunters

Hi everyone,

Here is the second article I wrote that was first posted in my Bolter & Chainsword blog, that I am presenting here the way I wrote it.  With this there are no more back articles, and everything that I wanted to transfer here to this blog has been done.  The next post will be about Dystopian Wars.  Till then!

N.R
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have decided to enlarge my BC pack to full strength. I came to this decision from a game I played recently where I think I would have fared better with a larger unit. Well I had some extra parts from the last new SW box I bought and got to work with it. I put together 5 new BCs and made one of them a pack leader by giving him the backpack icon and a tooth-necklace. The others match the the current BC unit I have; in that they don't have any extra pelts or wolf tooth necklaces, except the ones already on the casted model and they all have the 'Rune of Acceptance' on their right shoulder pad.

I have also been busy with the special weapons marines of my second GH pack. I have added a combat knife to the shoulder-pad, besides the pelt and WTN and the 2nd close combat weapon. I think they look good. As you can see I have done the same to the BC special weaponist.



That's all for today. My next post will be on my first unit of Long Fangs. Until then, my Russ shine His Glory on all your endeavors.

Regards,

NR

9 comments:

  1. I love the dynamism you get into your models' poses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pingo. Always glad to hear your opinions!

      Delete
    2. Very nice! I definitely intend to life some ideas from your incredibly helpful blog. Keep it up!

      I did have a question: how did you model the large knives that many of your space wolves have strapped around their waists? I really like the idea of ensuring that every grey hunter is modelled with a bolt pistol, boltgun and at least 1 close combat weapon, but it seems so hard to find space on the model. I'd love to read any tips you may have for doing this. Did you consider empty scabbards for the models wielding their chainswords? What about holstered bolters - I noticed you've done that on at least one model.

      If I may be so bold as to suggest you write up a guide on fitting all 3 pieces of wargear on your grey hunters... I'm sure many space wolf players would be extremely interested to read and learn a thing or two. -skeletoro

      Delete
    3. Hi Skeletoro,

      I'm very glad you found this article helpful and that it has given you ideas for your army. I also apologize for taking so long to get back to you but I haven't been to the blog since last week. Since you took the time to write such a comment I will do a tutorial for you about how I did it on my 'Talent Not Required' articles. Just give me a week or two.

      NR.

      Delete
    4. Marvelous! I look forward to it!

      Delete
  2. Bumped you on B&C, hope you don't mind! :) - skel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't at all. Thank you for the thought.

      Delete
  3. What models do you use for your legs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mostly the running poses from the Space MArine Assault Squad and the Command squad sometimes. But I buy them off the internet part shops.

      NR

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
/* Sidebar Content */ #'BlogList1'{ height:200px; overflow:auto; } .sidebar .widget{ height:250px; overflow:auto; } .sidebar .widget{ height:200px; overflow:auto; }