Saturday, March 16, 2013

Dystopian Wars:- Daedalus Part 2

Hi everyone,

Today I will continue discussing the painting of my Covenant of Antarctica fleet - that is my three Daedalus large flyers.  As I have mentioned in my last post this project is an experiment in airbrushing. In fact I will continue with the camouflage.

As you can tell from the picture below I decided to try my hand at masking.  It took me much longer to mask the vessels than it did to spray paint them, but proper masking is well worth your time if you want good results.

It is also very important to use a 'low tack' masking tape.  For those who don't know, 'low tack' means that the stickiness of the tape is not as strong as normal masking tape and you wont risk peeling off your base coat when removing the tape. I used Tamiya's masking tape and found it very good.

I decided that I wanted to give my air fleet bright bluish camo.  I think this makes sense when considering the elemt they are fighting in.  Once again I decided on a graduation of colour, lighter further up and dark as you go down.


On hindsight I should have masked the engine sections as well.  The detail on these models are very fine and over-painting can easily swamp the detail.  But this is all part of the learning process, and I admit I had the time of my life painting them up.  I guess that is what happens when you are painting with a completely new medium and method!

Well, that is all for this now.  Next post I will post up something about my Space Wolves, just to diversify.  See you then!

Farewell and good health,


        NR

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
/* Sidebar Content */ #'BlogList1'{ height:200px; overflow:auto; } .sidebar .widget{ height:250px; overflow:auto; } .sidebar .widget{ height:200px; overflow:auto; }