Monday, October 29, 2012

Wolf Guard Diorama Finished

Hi every one,

I have finally finished the first of several projects that were on hold for several years due to unforeseen circumstances that I like to call 'acts of God'.

This is the first diorama that I have done in the 'heroic scale', and one of the most difficult due to the inaccuracies of the scale.  It was also one of the most enjoyable, mostly due to the period - that is the 40K universe which I have always loved.

Well, without further ado, I present the pics of my work for better or worse.  The first few give a general overview of the diorama.





The next few are close ups of the Wolf Guard which is the subject of the piece.





The second ork that I put together and painted up is the one running towards the Wolf Guard.  This was the one I enjoyed doing most - simply because it was the simplest to do!



The wounded ork prone on the floor was much more difficult and involved a lot of fitting, which unfortunately I did not get completely right.  Next time though I will do better.




The last pic is of the wrecked sewage pipe.  This was a joy to do even though there are several mistakes that were pointed out to me which I have tried my best to cover.


Well they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I think I have said enough for today.  If there are any questions about how I did something that interests you, then please leave a comment below and I promise to get back.

As always,

Farewell and good health,

       
        NR

9 comments:

  1. I really like this diorama. Perhaps more gore and a bit more weathering would really bring it to life, but overall it's superb. Dioramas like this is something I want to get into making at some point, so this is quite inspiring.

    I like your colour choice on the Wolf Guard and he looks totally epic – like a truely heroic warrior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pingo. I think you are more than right about the weathering and blood/gore. Many on the Bolter and Chainsword agree with you as well. Live,learn and do better.

    Thanks again.

    NR

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to cry... I don't like it. I LOVE IT! It's absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ben, I'm very glad you liked it.

      Delete
  4. Just found your blog, and then stumbled across this fantastic diorama. Out of interest, could you let me know how the stone flooring was created?

    Many thanks, Keith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Keith,

      The floor was made from dungeon floor tiles made out of plaster that I bought several years ago. Unfortunately I don't remember the company that sold them, but there are many alternatives online. The water is Vallejo's 'Still Water' mixed with a bit of brown wash. As for the pipe, it is just a plastic tube which I got from an 'epos machine roll' [google it for a picture] and which a cut, fitted and weathered. For the rubble I used various stuff, but it consists mostly of small bricks that I bought from 'Pegasus Hobbies' [http://pegasushobbies.net/catalog/].

      I hope this helps you. Write me a line if you want to know anything more specific.

      NR

      Delete
    2. Many thanks for the reply,

      I had a bit more of a look around after posting and the closet match I found was through 'hirstarts.com'. They do a cracked floor tile, which I think should work out. For me this diorama really stood out for the use of flooring material, which is very different from other examples I had seen. Also the repositioning work on the Orks adds plenty of character. I’ve bookmarked your blog, so look forward to future posts,

      Keith

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
/* Sidebar Content */ #'BlogList1'{ height:200px; overflow:auto; } .sidebar .widget{ height:250px; overflow:auto; } .sidebar .widget{ height:200px; overflow:auto; }