Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Long Fangs

Hi one and all,

I have just finished modeling my first Long Fang Pack and I have decided to post up a few pics. I planned on building up a second LF pack in the future and they will have all the same pack markings. Why? Well because it will allow me to try out different weapon load-outs and tailor-make the LF against the army I'm fighting or the mission at hand. I current have built up two missile launchers, two heavy bolters, and one lascannon. My next pack will contain two missile launchers, one plasma cannon, one multi-melta cannon, and another lascannon.

Longfangs



I managed to buy two old LF boxes in near mint condition from a player at the club disgruntled with GW. I bought two boxes for the price of one. I decided to buy them for the old SW sprue and because I like the feel (weight) of metal. In hindsight, I think I made an enormous mistake. They are some of the most ill-fitting models I have ever seen. In fact, since I will be painting up the weapons and models separately I will have to model-up the part where the backpack and weapon connect with some putty after they are painted. An enormous hassle for such a lazy person as myself!

Well, I guess it can't be helped. I'll just have to watch one of those motivational movies before I start them. But if anyone values the opinion of a 'lazy-I'll-do-it-tomorrow-with-the-least-effort-possible-in-order-to-get-a-decent-job' modeler, then please trust me and buy the new plastic devastator box and save yourselves the angst!

That's all for now, but before I go I just would like to thank everyone who has commented over the last 3 months and I would like to apologize in advance if I don't get back straight away. Life can be a hassle at times.

So until the mighty Russ paints his armour pink, keep painting and modelling in the fantastic world of 40K.

Farewell and good health,

       NR

5 comments:

  1. Very Kool! I have a Long Fangs pack equipped just like that! I really like the flexibility of the load out.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Big Jim,

    I find it very useful, especially for competitions when you really don't know what you are going to find or who you're up against.

    When I do know I tend to alter it a bit accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say it every damned post i put on here, but your GS - esp the subtle accessories. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    Did you try a metal heavy bolter over the metal body of a very old Long Fangs, the one with a rock under his left foot ?


    I.A. 11

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't have that model anymore. It would have been a nice touch. Great suggestion. But I think I would have to elongate it slightly as the old models are slightly shorter. In fact I did the same to one of my Grey Hunters in my second Grey Hunter Unit.

      Ant

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
/* Sidebar Content */ #'BlogList1'{ height:200px; overflow:auto; } .sidebar .widget{ height:250px; overflow:auto; } .sidebar .widget{ height:200px; overflow:auto; }