Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Side Projects - Horus Heresy Game

Hi,

In between projects or as a side project while I wait for a piece to set or dry,  I like to do something that is not demanding, easy and quick.  I do this in order not to waste the time I have at hand, which is, unfortunately, a bit limited at the moment. 

Also, as a wargamer, I like to play with painted miniatures, so I decided to paint up the playing pieces of my new board game - Horus Heresy.  Below is a selection of the pieces I have painted up with block colours and some drybrushing and a wash or two.  Nothing special, but when you are actually playing makes all the difference in the world.




These are just some of the loyalist forces I have painted while I was building up my Wolfguard diorama.  I'll post up the Traitors and Titans when they are done.

As a small note on the game, I have to say it is very good. Being a 30K fan, I played the old Horus Heresy board game to boredom.  I have the same plans for this one!


Farewell and good health,

       NR

5 comments:

  1. How do you like the Horus Heresy game? I've been very tempted to grab it but haven't yet. I think painting the minis is a great idea though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, the playing pieces look 100 times better painted! I don't think I've seen this done before either but it's a great idea. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments guys. I think it's cool too. Especially when playing the game.

    @ The Inner Geek - I think the game is really good. The only problem with it is that there is a quite a lot to read before you can just sit down and play it, unlike the original board game that had a fraction of the rules. The best part about it is the turn and initiative sequence which gives the game more dynamic. Also bear in mind that the game is just for two players, which is unfortunate.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
/* Sidebar Content */ #'BlogList1'{ height:200px; overflow:auto; } .sidebar .widget{ height:250px; overflow:auto; } .sidebar .widget{ height:200px; overflow:auto; }