Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The 1st Grey Hunter Unit - Part 2

Hi everyone reading this,

After a spell doing hardly anything within the wargaming hobby besides posting on this blog, I have made an effort to sit down and get to painting. The problem is that painting Space Marines can become tedious since it is nearly always the same formula. I'd probably have more fun painting Eldar with all those colourful units, but the only army for me is Space Wolves - always has been and always will be! Well finally I have finished my first GH pack with the last five minis posted below. I apologize for the last two pics which are not level. I honestly did not notice until I put all my photograhic equipment away and uploaded the pics. Next time I'll be more careful.

Grey Hunters
 

I won't bore you with too much info about painting, modeling or my intentions since they have been covered before on this blog. I'll just point out that I have covered up the pack markings of the leader and the special close combat marine (in the previous post) with a wolf pelt. This was done with the intention of allowing me to interchange them within the 3 GH packs I have scheduled.

Farewell until next time,

       NR

11 comments:

  1. Wow thanks for commenting on my blog so I could find yours!! Really nice SW - some of the best I have seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing, I really like your style of painting. Wow, they look fantastic! That's a clever solution for covering up the pack markings to make those two Grey Hunters more versatile. Great stuff, I'm excited to see more examples of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look damn good! I'm normally not a fan of the true grey paint scheme, favoring the more blue/grey, but your's turned out awesome. Can't wait to see more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off thanks for commenting.

    @Matt - No problem. Your Orck mech was great, it was my pleasure.

    @Papa JJ - Glad you like them. There is more and as long as I am healthy I hope I never stop painting minis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks jcroxford. i'm working on a second Space Wold vignette that will be painted up in the blue/grey scheme, just for some variation.

    Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The paint work is really stunning! I love the pure grey over the blue grey for the armor.

    Between the great conversions and paint job this is really going to be a fantastic looking army of Space Wolves when you are finished.

    I look forward to your next offerings!

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Big Jim. Always great to hear your opinion. by the way. I have just finished playing my first game of Killzone - fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know what I like most... the bases.
    I like the dead/winter feeling to the bases and they don't look like snow was just added on top.

    Ron, From the Warp

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comment Ron. I'm glad you like them. They are basically normal static grass and sand that have been heavily highlight with drybrushing. A very simple technique yet effective for gaming pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The shading on that standard is unbelievable!I would'nt even know where to start to paint like that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks! I assure you it's just building up layers of light paint. Trust me, if I can do it anyone can! Cheers and thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
/* Sidebar Content */ #'BlogList1'{ height:200px; overflow:auto; } .sidebar .widget{ height:250px; overflow:auto; } .sidebar .widget{ height:200px; overflow:auto; }