Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Wolf Priest

Hi to one and all,

I have started to work on my first Space Wolf HQ choice and I have decided to go for a Wolf Priest (WP). Since the only WP models are Ulrik the Slayer and a limited edition model from Games Day, I decided to make my own.

To anyone who might not know the WP is a combo of Chaplain and Apothecary in the Space Wolf fluff. Unfortunately he is only used as a Chaplain-like character and does not have any Apothecary-type rules like feel no pain. Nonetheless I wanted to show him as an amalgam of both these disciplines, so it was going to take a bit of converting, cutting and putty work.

Below are the first few parts I decided to use in this project. As most hobbyists can tell the parts come from the SM Command box set and old and new SW sprues.

Wolf Priest parts



The first part I started to work on are the legs. I cut them up and rescaled them slightly since I thought they looked a bit short. I find proportions very hard to get right at this scale due to the inconsistencies in proportion with the models themselves, but SM minis have to be the worst proportion-wise, but due to the scale, one can get away with murder. As you can see I also changed the look of the legs slightly to make them more similar to the new SM Chaplain models currently on sale.

Wolf Priest legs

Next I started to work on the torso and head simultaneously. After a lot of fitting and measuring and blu-tac-ing everything in place and just staring at the model, I got to work putting it all together. If anyone wants to ask where I got the Sutton Ho mask from I honestly don't know. I just happen to find it with a bunch of viking minis I have. I don't even know the make. If anyone does please let me know.

Wolf Priest front
Wolf Priest back

Well that's all for this week. As I write this entry, the WP is nearing completion and I will be posting more pics next weekend when I get the time to sit down, type and take the pics of the final product.

Well I hope you all like it. If you would like to ask any questions please leave a comment and I will get back to you. Wolf's honour!


Farewell until next time,

       NR

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
/* Sidebar Content */ #'BlogList1'{ height:200px; overflow:auto; } .sidebar .widget{ height:250px; overflow:auto; } .sidebar .widget{ height:200px; overflow:auto; }