Friday, December 17, 2010

Wolf Priest - Modelling is finished!

Hi to one and all,

I have just finished modeling my Wolf Priest. As I have already said in previous posts, I'm not very confident when it comes to modeling at this scale, especially because the proportions are not correct, but are done in a 'heroic' scale (which basically means the bigger things are the better).

So I had to make a few compromises, but I think I have reached a workable and presentable blend of exaggeration and functionality. Well at least I hope so, but I will let you be the judge of that.

Wolf Priest
As you can see I have added the Crozius Arcanum and the a wolf helm. The crozius is my third attempt at it, and as you can see it is rather large but I think I got away with it (blessed be ye 'heroic' scale proportions!). As regards the wolf helm, it doesn't look very wolfy or at least that is what my many critics at my local modeling club told me. I think they are right. Next time I will use more reference.

Wolf Priest Back view
I am most happy with the look of the back pack. I think the blend of the Wolf Lord and apothecary backpacks with an overall wolfy theme worked out nicely. I always think that small modifications work best when altering something for the Space Wolves.


The shoulder-pad gave me a lot of trouble but I managed to hide the errors up with the tooth necklace and the purity seal.


As always any comments are very welcomed; no matter how harsh they are. As long as they are honest I will definitely take them seriously and weigh their merit. I am eager to improve, besides the fact that I am my own harshest critic (well to be honest the Society of Scale Modelers is no joke either), so I doubt there is anything that I have not already whipped myself for! smile.gif

Well the next time you see this guy it will be painted, but I think I will post him up in the WIP section to get some more feedback. I want to understand what the majority of gamers and collectors like and what they don't like. I have some plans for the future you see - a sort of part-time to fall back on for my retirement days - but for now it is only wishful thinking.

Any way back to reality. Next week I will finish the Long Fangs and post pics of the last two bikers which I have so lazily neglected to take photos of. I also have figured out the way to take a few videos - so expect a Wolf Tooth Necklace tutorial in the flesh soon.

That's all for now,
Farewell until next time,

       NR

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
/* Sidebar Content */ #'BlogList1'{ height:200px; overflow:auto; } .sidebar .widget{ height:250px; overflow:auto; } .sidebar .widget{ height:200px; overflow:auto; }