Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Swiftclaw Bikers - Painting them Up (Part 1)

Hi everyone,

Today I have finished my first two Swiftclaws from a pack of six. The painting technique is the same as the Grey Hunters and as the Blood Claw packs in the following entries. So I want bore you with unnecessary repetitions. I purposely did not put any BC markings on the bikes in order to reduce the amount of yellow (and this time even red) on the models. The side transfers are black & white which contrast and complement the model very suitably. The black lighting bolt on white is actually a Blood Angel Tactical transfer, but I thought it looked good on the bikes.

Swiftclaw Bikers Front/side view

Swiftclaw Bikers side/back view

Since building this army is an experiment in developing faster techniques I can manage to paint well with, since by nature I am very slow painter, I decided to time myself with these biker models. All in all, these bikers took me 3 hours and 17minutes for each model over a period of 8 days. This is a breakthrough for me. If I had painted these models to higher standards and used my usual approach it would have taken me much longer. So I rewarded myself with a pint of Lager for my efforts.

Farewell and good health,

       NR

2 comments:

  1. How did you do the wolf tails coming off the backs? It looks like a base of brown with white drybrush. Which colors did you use, and am I correct on that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right. First a coat of burnt umber. Then paint it your patterns. In my case the centre with black and the ends with sand and the tips with white. I then give it a wash of black to connect everything and when it is dry I drybrush every colour section individually with a lighter colour or by adding white. I overlap the different colours slightly while drybrushing just to connect them. I hope it helps.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
/* Sidebar Content */ #'BlogList1'{ height:200px; overflow:auto; } .sidebar .widget{ height:250px; overflow:auto; } .sidebar .widget{ height:200px; overflow:auto; }