Sunday, December 12, 2010

10mm White Lions of Chrace Chariots

Back again with something new,

I have just finished converting and painting up my new White Lions of Chrace Chariots for 10mm fantasy wargaming.  I have to say I have fallen in love with them and I can't wait to field them in a game and see how they do.  But enough with this endless small talk; let me proudly present to you my new High Elf editions.

White Lion chariots

The lions are from the Preiser figure range used by train model enthusiasts.  I added the armour myself with Magic Sculpt putty, which I sanded down after it cured.

White Lion chariots front
The iron lion heads on the chariots are from an old plastic zoo set. The lions were all the same, so I just decapitated three of them and added some green stuff to sculpt out the hair.

White Lion chariot back

The White Lion spear-elf's cloak is also made of green stuff, but the lion head is another Preiser figure, but of a smaller scale.  Altogether they took about 4 evenings for me to make and another evening to paint.  They did come out a bit expensive, but I think the result justifies the slighter higher expense.

Well that's all for now.  I will be back soon with more stuff.


Farewell until next time,

       NR

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I was thinking of using the Eureka lions for such a conversion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Ben

      They should work as well. If you do go ahead let me know - especially i you have a blog or facebook page. I would like to take a look!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
/* Sidebar Content */ #'BlogList1'{ height:200px; overflow:auto; } .sidebar .widget{ height:250px; overflow:auto; } .sidebar .widget{ height:200px; overflow:auto; }