Saturday, July 23, 2016

Kings of War: Tree Shamlers Part 2

Hi everyone

So I have finished up another unit - the Tree Shambers.  Made up of old GW treemen for the most part and looking like a dance team striking a pose :) , they had to become tree shamblers because compared to the new treemen they are just too small.

I finished up the third treeman and and glued him to the multibase.  Just like the Dryads they needed something more, so I decided to paint up some roots and sprites for this unit as well.

The last step, as always, is to add the grass tufts and forest-in-a-pot scatter material - and viola! A Tree Shambler unit ready to squat butt!

Stay tuned for next week as I begin to tackle my first horde/host unit of elven spears.  Until then, farewell and good health.


Sunday, July 17, 2016

Kings of War: Tree Shamlers Part 1

Hi everyone,

My old school Wood Elf army counted two mighty treemen swating the enemies of the forest without mercy or remorse!  With the advent of the new plastic treeman; the old ones became a bit short! To give you an idea - the old treemen are as tall as the new treeman's loincloth!!!

Since they were already painted up, I decided to use then as Tree Shamblers or Tree-kin for Kings of War. The problem was that I needed another and as fortune might have it I did have another old school treeman.  It was not a Citadel miniature, but I think it would fit in. To be honest I have no idea which company this miniature belongs to.  If someone knows please let me know.

So now all I have to do is paint up the third treeman and a few forest spirits and sprites and base this new unit.  I have already primed and started to pain the third treeman.  Hopefully this unit will be ready by next week.

That is all for now - see you in seven!  Farewell and good health.


Sunday, July 10, 2016

Kings Of War: Converting my Dryads Part 5 - Finished

Hi everyone,

So I have finally finished my Dryad/Hunters of the Wild unit.  Now all I needed to do was base it.

At this point I was still not happy with it.  The unit still seemed a bit empty, so I decided to add some forest sprites to it.

The Wood Elf plastic boxes from Games Workshop are full of little sprites and spirits!  I took a selection and started painting them up.

I divided the sprite into three groups and painted each group in a different colour theme.  The butterfly-like sprites I did up in a light green and purple.

The worm like sprites were done up in a light greenish-blue.  This gave them a very ethereal feel.

The last sprites I painted up in red hues to give some colour and contrast to all the green on the base.

I glued all these sprites to the multi-base and added tufts and the forest-in-a-pot mix I used for my other elven units - and viola!,  another finished unit for my long neglected and overdue Sylvan army.

The following pictures are a few close-ups of the sprites.  I really like the way they blend into the unite and fill it out. I will be using them again for sure.

Well that concludes the dryads - next up are my horde of Elven Spears and Tree Shamblers.  Until then farewell and good health.


Sunday, July 3, 2016

Kings Of War: Converting my Dryads Part 4 - Forest Imps Painted

Hi everyone,

So I finished painting up my forest imps and tree-man-thing, and I have glued everything on to the base.  I apologize beforehand for the quality of the pictures.  They came a bit too dark.  I tried to correct it but with little success.

The first up are the big-head scaly imps which I painted up in browns with green scales and reddish-brown bone growths.

The veiny-imps I painted up green with a bit of light brown to emphasis the difference between the first imps above.

The tree-man-thing as a very quick paint job, and it only took me about 2 hours to paint up (including paint drying time).

I also decided on paint some forest roots.  They will look nice popping up around the base.
They went together nicely when I glued everything into place, but I am still not happy!  I want it to be  a bit busier, so I have decided to add some of those tiny yet nifty forest spirits on the Wood Elf sprues.

Next week I will post up the finished Huntes of the Wild/Dryad unit, but until then farewell and good health to one and all.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
/* Sidebar Content */ #'BlogList1'{ height:200px; overflow:auto; } .sidebar .widget{ height:250px; overflow:auto; } .sidebar .widget{ height:200px; overflow:auto; }